Sunday, November 10, 2013

Not a simple spider!

Now I really am all about living in the country, don't get me wrong.  I don't, however, enjoy certain aspects of it - like snakes and bugs and spiders!  But I get along.  Until this day...

We have this really cool tool that we all love.  I love it because it keeps my distance from any bug or spider that I need to dispose of.  The boys love it because they feel like hunters with a big gun!   It's called a BugZooka.




So, when Michael was cleaning out our coat closet and said he found a spider, I simply told him to grab the BugZooka and get it - which he did.

Two days later, Nicholas picked up the BugZooka and was looking in the capture tube because, well, he just likes bugs and likes to see what was caught.  And when he said, "Mommy, did you know there's a black widow in here?!," I was dearly hoping he was wrong!  But looking through the tube, this is what I saw!

I found some old bug spray in the garage and sprayed it into the tube.  When we were very sure that it was dead, we finally took it out to get a little better look at it.  ICK.  


Now I'm just pretending that there are no others like it anywhere in our vicinity - much less our house!  We will all be pretty careful to shake out our coats and shoes when we get them out of that closet!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me


I am a homeschooling mom of 4 amazing children, each unique in their abilities, needs and personalities. I started this blog through my burning desire for my family to "live simply for God." For me this has two-fold meaning: to live simply; and to live for God.

Join me on our journey to simplifying our life. And a journey it is! :)

Follow us!

Categories

Google Friends