Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sugar-Free, No-Cook Berry Jam





For a mom who isn't crazy about sugar filled jams and jellies, likes using fresh, organic ingredients over canned products whenever possible, and likes things simple - well, this recipe couldn't make me any happier!

This particular batch of jam was made using fresh blackberries.  You could use any kind of berries you want - we've used strawberries before and I think blueberries would be great, too.  I'm actually going to try it out with a non-berry fruit like peaches and see how that turns out.  Having a half-bushel of yummy peaches on my counter right now might have something to do with that...

Anyway, get ready - here's the big old list of ingredients!

1 cup berries (organic is always best here to avoid those nasty pesticides!)
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey

Throw all of that into your blender (I use a VitaMix and love it!).  Whiz it up until it's smooth and put it into a pretty little jar.  As it sits, the chia seeds work to make it gel up a bit.  I honestly can't say that it has the same consistency as a "normal" jam or jelly, but it's certainly a spreadable consistency and it works!  My kids approve and that's what matters to me!  :)

Let me know if you've tried this, what you used and how it turned out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me


I am a homeschooling mom of 4 amazing children, each unique in their abilities, needs and personalities. I started this blog through my burning desire for my family to "live simply for God." For me this has two-fold meaning: to live simply; and to live for God.

Join me on our journey to simplifying our life. And a journey it is! :)

Follow us!

Categories

Google Friends